OPS Code of Ethics
OPS Members Shall:
- put loyalty to the highest moral principles and to country above other loyalties.
- continually strive to increase respect, confidence, trust, and recognition of the profession in both the public and private sectors.
- demonstrate a personal commitment to professionalism and diligence in the performance of his/her duties.
- not engage in any illegal or unethical conduct, or any activity which would constitute a conflict of interest.
- exhibit the highest level of integrity in the performance of all professional assignments and exhibit the highest levels of professional competence.
- not reveal or use information received in confidence during a professional assignment without proper authorization.
- report all information obtained during
the course of an assignment accurately and completely.
continually strive to increase the professional competence and effectiveness of those serving under his/her direction.
- refrain from gratuitously making adverse comments about the work, knowledge, fitness, or other qualifying aspect of another OPS member.
- promote and encourage full compliance with these standards within the entire profession.
to Professionalism/Certifications Section
Page Last Updated On April 17, 2006